Allied Health Professional (502814) – Clinical Nurse Specialist – CAMHS (502814d)
|Organisation||Tasmanian Health Service|
|Area, City||Burnie, Tasmania|
|Contact person||Sue Nesham|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||+61 3 6477 7300|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||01-11-2021|
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for an Allied Health Professional – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services vacancy
Please note this position is also being advertised as a Clinical Nurse Specialist – Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (502814d) and only one position will be filled on merit.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services has been funded to create new services for Children in Out of Home Care, Youth Forensic MHS, Youth Early Intervention, Perinatal and Early Years MHS and Eating Disorders Day Treatment Programs and Hospital in the Home.
Be involved in creating a new team and this wonderful phase of service development.
CAMHS North West are seeking applications from Nursing and Allied Health professionals, especially, Occupational Therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Provisional Psychologists, and Registered Nurses with Child and Adolescent, Mental Health or Paediatric experience.
These roles provide a service to the North West region of Tasmania with a home base in Burnie, a small beachside city with a busy working port and excellent coffee. In contrast with the more well-known Hobart region, the North West experiences more sunshine and still has an affordable housing and land market with opportunities to live in city, beachside or rural locations.
The North West suits people who want to escape the rat race. Thought to have the cleanest air in the world, fresh from the wild Southern Ocean, the North West is home to one of the last remaining wildernesses – the Tarkine –one of Australia’s largest rainforests. Our staff enjoy hiking the Cradle Mountain region, lake fishing in the Central Highlands and riding the West Coast mountain bike trails. When you’re craving a culture or shopping hit, you can fly to Melbourne from Devonport in an hour or drive to the heritage city of Launceston in 90 minutes.
Permanent, full time, day work, working 76 hours per fortnight, commencing 27 September 2021.
Please note that part time hours may be considered
As part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies:
- Undertake the delivery of quality care to clients of the Child and Adolescent, Adult Community, Inpatient and Extended Treatment and Older Persons Mental Health Service based on best practice principles and within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
- Provide a specialist assessment and treatment service to clients of Child and Adolescent, Adult Community, Inpatient and Extended Treatment and Older Persons Mental Health Service and their families or carers.
- Promote community awareness in relation to mental health and act as a consultant to other agencies about the support and management of clients with mental health needs.
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive clinical service through the provision of assessment, case management and individual therapies, including specialised therapies for clients and their families or carers.
$92,321 to $111,765 pro-rata, per annum
- Attractive salary package
- A multi-disciplinary work environment
- Ongoing training and personal development opportunities
Back to all Job Vacancies