- Job ID: HAW07650
- Job Type: Part time
- Workplace Type: On-Site
- Job Duration:
- Min Education:
- Company Name For Job: Te Whatu Ora Hawke's Bay
- Min Experience:
- Position Title: Paediatric Wheelchair and Seating Therapist
- Required Travel:
- Scope of Practice:
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Are you a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist looking to work in Sunny Hawke's Bay? An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Child Development Service / Te Kunenga Mai Rongokako. This is a part-time permanent position of 20 hours per week.
Te āhuatunga a te tūrunga (About the role)
40 hours per fortnight (0.5 FTE)
This position will allow you to focus on your passion for wheelchair, seating and 24 hour postural positioning while working with Tamariki and their Whānau in the community they live in.
The Child Development Service is a supportive, multi-disciplinary team who provide community paediatric services throughout Hawke's Bay for children living with disability aged from birth to sixteen years. This position is open to PT's and OT's who have the skills and knowledge to make a real difference to tamariki and their whānau. The successful applicant will be supported by our Advanced Practitioner in Wheelchair and seating. You will specialise in working with children from 0 -16 years of age. You will be working on-site and in the community where the tamariki live and will approach your day using tikanga and relationship centred practice.
Ko wai koe (About you)
The essential requirements for this position are:
- At least two years relevant clinical experience in the paediatrics and /or neurological rehab and/or community work
- NZ Registered Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with current annual practicing certificate (APC)
- Thorough knowledge of the health and social issues that vulnerabletamariki and their whānauexperience
- Excellent communication skills
- Full driving licence
- NZ resident or citizen or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ
- Enable accreditation in level 1 seating with level 2 desireable
Desirable requirements for the role including the following:
- Enable accreditation Level 2 seating and 24 hour positioning.
- Recent or past experience in complex equipment provision including wheelchairs and seating
- Experience working within a MDT setting
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Be given full orientation and supervision
- Have the opportunity to negotiate their hours
- Have continued and ongoing professional development opportunities
- Work in a collaborative and supportive environment
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
You won't find this opportunity just anywhere, and when you combine this with the chance to live in New Zealand's own piece of paradise, you have to ask yourself 'why work anywhere else?' Take a stroll through the Hawke's Bay Tourism website and get yourself to Hawke's Bay!
Te Tono (How to apply)
To apply, please use this link: https://tas-adhbrac.taleo.net/careersection/.hb_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=HAW07650&lang=en
If you would like more information please contact Val White on 027-580-4831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday, 10 January 2024.
For an OT position profile, please click HERE
For an PT position profile, please click HERE
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Matau a Māui, Hawke's Bay in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills, and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We are committed to delivering and living our Te Whatu Ora values of He kauanuanu - Respect, Ākina - Improvement, Rāranga te tira - Teamwork and Tauwhiro - Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team's diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.