- Job ID: SOUT08526
- Job Type: Full time
- Workplace Type:
- Job Duration:
- Min Education:
- Company Name For Job: Te Whatu Ora Southern
- Min Experience:
- Position Title: Occupational Therapist - Acute Physical Health
- Required Travel:
- Salary: $76,442 - $100,466
- Classification: Health
- Scope of Practice:
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Te āhuatunga a te tūrunga (About the role)
Exciting opportunity to consolidate and further build your skills in the areas of acute physical health while enjoying all the opportunities that Southland and nearby Central Otago have to offer.
You will be part of a team providing occupational therapy services across the hospital in the acute medical and surgical wards, paediatric ward, critical care unit and into the busy Emergency Department.
You will have the opportunity to work with rotating staff and continue to develop your mentoring and supervisory skills.
Ko wai koe (About you)
We are seeking hardworking, enthusiastic, and self-directed therapists who are keen to continue to grow their knowledge and skills across the range of acute clinical areas offered within Te Whatu Ora Southern- Invercargill Hospital.
You may have recently completed a rotational programme elsewhere and are now looking to continue to grow your skills in the acute physical health area or you are returning to practise. Whatever your experience and background we would love to talk.
You will have the drive to develop and provide high quality services in collaboration with others while working alongside a committed inter-professional team of health professionals.
You will be proficient at managing and prioritising your own case load and able to adapt an ever-changing healthcare environment.
View position description
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. The Southern District offers the benefits of excellent amenities, first-class primary through to tertiary education, affordable housing, and outstanding recreational opportunities. Invercargill is a short distance away from Stewart Island, Catlins, Dunedin, Queenstown, Te Anau, and Wanaka, offering the opportunity to explore the amazing scenery of the lower South Island. Whether it is surfing, kayaking, or sailing; skiing, hunting, or fishing; theatre, live music, or art - there is something for everyone.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
- Work with a wide variety of patient groups
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Regular Allied Health social activities including 'The Amazing Race' and annual easter egg hunt
- Working alongside supportive staff
- Regular in-service programme
- A family-friendly community
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Te Tono (How to apply)
We look forward to receiving your online application.
For further information please contact James Boyd, Recruitment Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Covid-19 Vaccination is expected for all workers at higher risk of workplace exposure to Covid-19 through face-to-face patient interaction, working in clinical areas and contact with potentially infectious materials and surfaces
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Allied Health Unit, Southland Hospital
Salary band: $76,442 - $100,466 p.a for full-time plus Kiwisaver
Permanent, up to full-time (1.0 FTE), 40 hours per week
Please provide as part of your application:
- A CV and a cover letter including 'why Southern is the right place for you', and any preferences to Southland and/or Dunedin site employment.
- Please include your final year Clinical Supervisor as one of your referees and confirm your permission for us to contact each of your referees.