- Job ID: Full Time Occupational Therapist
- Job Type: Full time
- Workplace Type: On-Site
- Job Duration: Permanent Position
- Min Education: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Company Name For Job: Ruru Specialist School
- Min Experience: Graduates should consider applying
- Position Title: Full Time Occupational Therapist
- Required Travel: Have a valid driver’s licence - as travel between satellite classes is required
- Salary: This position is covered by the Kaiārahi I te Reo & Therapists’ Collective Agreement, your salary will be dependent on the experience and qualifications you bring to the role.
- Classification: Occupational Therapist in a Specialist School Setting
- Scope of Practice:
- Activities of Daily Living - Assessment and Treatment
- Learning and Development
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Are you passionate about
supporting students with complex functional, learning and behavioural needs? Do
you want to work in a supportive team environment? Do you want the chance to
make a real difference to the students and the families/whānau at our school?
Then this opportunity could be for you.
Te āhuatunga a te tūrunga (About the role)
As an Occupational
Therapist at Ruru Specialist School, you will join a dynamic and highly
experienced team of therapists, working with High and Very High ORS funded
students aged 5 to 21 years. Our specialist team currently consists of an
Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Therapists, a Physiotherapist, and a Music
Ko wai koe (About you)
Our school is a vibrant,
progressive environment with a focus on student independence and gaining life
skills for their future and life after school. We are located in Invercargill, Southland.
We are looking for an
additional OT to join our team. We offer a varied caseload with flexibility to
accommodate professional strengths and interests. Ruru has an embedded growth
culture and we provide excellent professional development opportunities to help
you build and expand your therapeutic skills and approaches.
If you want to join us,
you'll need to:
Be a qualified Occupational Therapist.
Qualify for OTNZ membership.
Have a valid driver’s licence - as travel between satellite classes is
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
This would be a great
opportunity for a new graduate Occupational Therapist as we will be able to
support working towards full registration with OTNZ and provide professional
development in the broad range of therapy areas.
Te Tono (How to apply)
Please send your CV with covering letter and application form (download here)
through to Erin Cairns, Principal
at Ruru Specialist School. email@example.com
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Applications close on 27th
November 2023 at 12pm. We will consider late applications if the position has not been filled.