- Job ID: N24-034
- Job Type: Part time
- Workplace Type:
- Job Duration:
- Min Education:
- Company Name For Job: Te Whatu Ora Nelson Marlborough
- Min Experience: At least two years
- Position Title: Community Occupational Therapist
- Required Travel:
- Classification: Health
- Scope of Practice:
- Assessment and Rehabilitation
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
- Are you passionate about making a difference in the community?
- Bring your strong clinical skills to our friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Part-time 0.5 FTE position (40 hours/fortnight) in sunny Nelson
- Fixed-term for 12 months
This is an exciting opportunity for a NZ registered Occupational Therapist with a passion for stroke rehab, to join our awesome team.
Te āhuatunga a te tūrunga (About the role)
We are a proactive team providing the highest standard of care for our patients. We pride ourselves on being friendly and supportive, and work in a busy inter-disciplinary environment focusing on promoting, encouraging and enabling the health, well-being and independence of the people in our community.
This position has a specific focus on stroke rehab, and will be placed within the Community Rehabilitation team.
The hours for this role are 40 hours per fortnight working Monday to Friday.
Ko wai koe (About you)
You will have at least two years post-qualification experience, NZ registration in Occupational Therapy, a current practicing certificate and a range of generalist and specialist skills.
Additionally, you will bring the following:
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, within the inter-disciplinary team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Full clean driver's licence
- Complex Housing and Level 1 Wheelchair Enable accreditation are welcome, but not essential
You will also be adaptable to change, resourceful and flexible to service needs, and will have a genuine passion for working with patients in the community on their health journey. If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
At Nelson Marlborough we encourage a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills, and passionate about caring for our community.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
Nelson is one of New Zealand's top lifestyle destinations and offers an amazing variety of leisure pursuits, beaches, rivers and national parks with great opportunities for outdoor activities such as kayaking, mountain biking, tramping, skiing, golf, sailing, as well as abundant sunshine and outstanding scenery. For more information on the Nelson/Tasman region visit http://www.nelsonnz.com/
Te Tono (How to apply)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 539 5748. For role specific information please contact Diane Scott via Diane.Scott@nmdhb.govt.nz
Apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)